Tomato Soup With Cheese Balls
So I had some puff pastry left after the Chicken Pies I made, waiting for me in the fridge. I came up with the most yummy solution to use that up when I was putting on my tomato soup for lunch. Now usually I would just chuck some buttered bread alongside my tomato soup but the thought of puff pastry actually sounded quite yummy to go with it. I think the thought of ‘vol au vents’ suddenly popped into my head and I will happily eat those with anything. So add these puff pastry slices to cheese and what have you got? Cheese balls! And a rather delicious side to your tomato soup. I dont think I’ll ever have bread again!
- Roll of Puff Pastry
- Block of Cheese
- Can of Tomato Soup
- Pre-heat over to 200c
- Roll out Puff Pastry.
- Using a knife, divide the puff pastry into squares.
- Cut the cheese into little blocks.
- Wrap the cheese blocks up in the puff pastry squares
- Place on a baking sheet on a baking tray
- Bake for 15 minutes or until done
- Several minutes into cooking time, start preparing your tomato soup.
- Pour soup into dish, pop cheese balls on the side.