If you could bake happiness and pleasure, this is what it would turn out like. When making it, I had lots of cheesecake mixture leftover so made some mint chocolate cheesecake cupcakes with them. I now have a fridge full of about 20 cheesecake cupcakes and this big cheesecake to be eaten, the wrong weekend to not have any guests over.
150g of butter, plus some for greasing the tin
200g of Chocolate Digestive Biscuits
150g Caster Sugar
300ml Double Cream
Two large Mint Aero Bars
1) Grease your tin with the butter.
2) Put your biscuits into a resealable plastic sandwich bag and roll over them and bash them with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs.
3) Melt the butter in a pan
4) Add the biscuit crumbs to the pan and mix them into the butter with a wooden spoon until they combine.
5) Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into the cake tin, pushing it down, so it is firm.
6) Place in the fridge for an hour to set.
7) Put all the cream cheese into a bowl and stir, so it is smooth.
8) Add the caster sugar and stir until nice and smooth.
9) In a different bowl whisk the cream until you get soft peaks.
10) Add half of the cream to the cream cheese and fold it in.
11) Then add the other half and fold in.
12) Break the Mint Aero Bars into small pieces and melt over boiling water.
13) Add the Mint Aero melted chocolate to the Cream Cheese mixture fold in gently.
14) Once everything is blended, spoon the mixture over the base and spread out.
15) Place the cheesecake in the fridge and let it sit for at least an hour.