- 150g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 2 big dollops (technical term = tbp) of Nutella
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 275g rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Grease and line a shallow 20cm-square tin with baking paper.
- Put the butter, sugar and syrup into a small pan over a low heat and stir until the butter has melted. Stir in the oats and then the dollops of Nutella.
- Press the mixture into the tin and bake for 20 minutes, or until just golden at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Cut into bars in the tin. Cool completely before turning out and cutting again with a sharp knife.