- Per serving Nutella has less sugar than jam.
- Children have a stomach the size of their clenched fist
- Because Nutella is packed full of Hazelnuts, it releases energy slowly. It is a low GI food.
- A parent will have to give a new food 10 to 15 times before it’s accepted (So I won’t be giving up on trying to get Oli to eat cabbage just yet!)
- Children eat food by example
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! I know I already knew this, but it reminded me that it was something I need to get across to Oli now and in years to come.
- There is no need to use butter when spreading Nutella on your toast.
- Nutella contains no artificial colours, preservatives or hydrogenated fat.
- Alan Coxon is the King of food knowledge.
For all that time I was eating Nutella, I was convinced that it was chocolate spread. How wrong I was! The cocoa content for it is around 7% which is barely anything if you compare it to other spreads. The two hazelnuts which are included in every 15g makes Nutella a hazelnut spread, and all that time I just thoughts the nuts was on it to make it look pretty!For me this breakfast event only made me more confident in my choice to give Nutella as a breakfast spread to Oli, I see it as part of an essential balance diet which both he & me can benefit from. I see it being a part of our breakfast table for years to come.